Indy Fogs and Relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indy Fogs and Relays

Well I tried this to get the lows and fog lights to be independant, with absolutely horrible results. I plug in the relay (k4) and smoke comes pouring out of the dash. Shit shit, I try to get it out but its taking a while. Well I get it out and put another one in, and now everything works fine. But what im wondering is how this happened? Did something happen inside the relay with the heat to ruin it? Will this just not work on my car? Is there a difference between the yellow relays and the black ones? I used the yellow on as it was the on that was in the k4 to start with. And experience is much appreciated.

I bombed Korea every night.

don't know...I had a similar experience, well with the smoke, hen I was ready to start my bimmer after finishing the turbo project the starter failed and din't work...just little clacks was doing...I hited it to see if works, but nothing...the, soonely started to camo out a white smoke from inside the center console from the hand brake section, I dissamble but didn't find a bad wire or something, niether coudn't smell like shitt..... then I repaired my starter motor and ran all well, couldn't find the problem or whatever, very starnge this shitt! :roll: Sometimes happens this things...I think...
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Anyone with any experience with this mod? Or know if theres a difference between the yellow and black realys?

Comment

That mod wont work on anything except an 88+ car.
        We dont know what model/year car yours is... so we cant exactly answer that. ;)
        Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
          That mod wont work on anything except an 88+ car.
          We dont know what model/year car yours is... so we cant exactly answer that. ;)
          ..and if you car is even an 88 there is a different way to try it if you have a cabrio or a 2 door...I am saying this based on actual experience..

Comment

Hmm well, 90 325is.

Comment

hmm try go to this site http://web.njit.edu/~eha3534/ and go to miscellaneous page for a few tips and try see it if works...I hope that it works for you since it worked for my 90 325iS

Comment

can anyone get this to work for an '86??? thats be nice
                e30sport.net
                '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30
                  can anyone get this to work for an '86??? thats be nice
                  I've been slaving over it for the past 3 days. It looks like it canot be done unless you run a separate system for the fog lights, which i will have a writeup for.

You cannot use the current relays and bridge connectors because of the way the system is tied into the low and high beams.

The idea i had that *should* have worked did work, but it also fired up the low beam, so without high wattage diodes, it cannot be done.

It's REALLY been upsetting me, because i KNOW there has to be a simpler way.... I'll keep trying, and when i come up with something, i'll be sure to post since every BMW owner seems to want indy fogs...
                  Nick

87 325 5MT
                  02 IS300 5MT

Comment

thanx... i woule much appreciate someone finding a way to do this...
                    e30sport.net
                    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Working...
                    X