85 mph shake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 mph shake.

My car just recently got a alingment and all wheels are balanced. there is a new driveshaft and csb. But @ exactly 85 mph my whole dash starts to shake almost like the whole front of the car shakes. Any ideas?

Im thinking cabs and tierods what you guys think?

whens the last time you changed you tires? my car was doing this around 85 too, i got off the freeway and boom, tire popped.

Comment

makes sense. Lemme try getting good rubber in the back. Tires are about to explode from a drift event. Any other ideas though?

Comment

i had a real bad shake at around 80-85, the outter ball joint was shot, i replaced it and its smooth now. to test for it jack your front end in the air and but either hand on the top and bottom of the tire and rock it back and forth, it will move around alot if its worn.

Comment

My cabs are worn as all hell, and my car starts shaking at 80-85 as well. I'll be replacing them this summer, i'm sure that's the problem.

Comment

I would check the CAB (Control Arm Bushings) and ball joints for play.

Comment

how much are the ball joints im thinking cabs from bmwbushings.com

Comment

Well you can buy just ball joints a have them your old ones pressed out and new ones pressed in, But I think it would be around the same price for new control arm. All the labor of removing arm pressing old joints out new ones in. New control arms both front around $200.

Comment

Working...
                X