Speed Sensor / Impulse Sensor at Dif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Sensor / Impulse Sensor at Dif

Hey sorry to start a new thread but no one was answering on the old one.

My speedo and obc avg speed went out. Turns out my speed sensor / impulse sensor (as pelican parts likes to call it) was cracked.

I took you guys's advice and the previous owner of this car and believed you when you said they're all the same.

turns out everything is identical except the most important part, the connectors. on the broken one the connectors are the round needle type and on the new one that came the connectors are the spade type. Do you guys think i'd be ok with just splicing the spade type connector in and calling it a day ? or should i return this one and wait another week for the other type of sensor to come in?

Another reason why i'm considering doing this is because the two wires are looking a bit worn and i figured splicing in a new stable connection would also be nice.

any thoughts r3v?
    09/1989 325i 4 Door
    +M30 Swap
    +Z3 Steering Rack

Splice in the connector.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I didn't even bother splicing plugs. My new diff has the round pegs, and I just shoved it on, and it's been there for 10 months now. it's held up through track days, rallyx, and me having fun, so I don't think it's going anywhere.

Splicing is easy to do though. nothing will care, so long as you make sure to keep any excess wire away from debris that could snag on it (like sticks or twigs).

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
      Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

sweet. thanks guys. the splicing will commence tomorrow morning!
        09/1989 325i 4 Door
        +M30 Swap
        +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

Working...
        X