Absolutely no air - A/C or Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely no air - A/C or Heat

Gotta tackle this problem on my project car. When I turn the A/C or heat or any air, nothing happens. All vents are open, A/C button and orange air circulations buttons light up. I checked fuses in the fuse box and everything seems fine. When I turn A/C ON, I do hear a faint noise like something is happening, but there is no air. My guess right now is the blower motor, but is there anything I can check or do before replacing the motor?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

U can check relay but if it's an e30 it's located in the compartment where theblower motor is
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

check if there is voltage at / going to the blower resistor/fan/switch.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Break out the tools, open the hood and take off the panel in the center of the fire wall...

It could be the resistor or the blower motor is disconnected or toast but you won't know for sure until you open it up.

The firewall is relatively easy to get into, I believe its a 9mm but have 8mm -11mm shallow sockets handy

Once inside and the F.W panel is removed there is a plastic cover with 2 plastic straps, a set of duckbill pliers or needle nose work well or you can remove them with your fingers (DO NOT BREAK THE STRAPS!!! They're fairly simple to break, so be careful)

Once the straps come off, remove the plastic panel an there inside is the blower motor

Its held in place by a metal strap, its a pain to get off but its almost like the plastic ones to remove (the center can be flattened out to relieve the tension, making removal easier-- Remember you'll have to build it back up after flattening so it will be re tensioned so it will secure the blower motor{If not secured, blower motor can become damaged})

The blower motor has a twin hamster wheel looking fan, if its blown to hell replace, if its intact, then the resistors may be to blame

The resistor is located in the same area as the blower motor is 3 squiggly wires on a square/ rectangular block, if any are damaged you can soldier it back together or replace (depends the level of damage)

Not 100% without looking at it but hope this helped.

If you have any questions PM me and I'm more than happy to help cause winter is coming and screw not having heat lol It happened to me last winter and not having defrost on a rainy day sucks but is dangerous

Good luck and let me know :D

Comment

Working...
        X