X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey PeterCip,

What manifold are you using?

Comment

Peter pretty much summed up the basics. You CAN just bolt on a turbo (manifold, turbo, exhuast, intake pipes, injectors, afpr) and run 4-6lbs of boost, but if you want reliability, you had better think about some other stuff. Intercoolers are a must if you dont lower compression, my AFTER intercooler temp in the summer was 120 degrees, if I didnt have an intercooler, I dont want to know what it would be. High temp leads to detonation, as well as loss of fuel... Some say my injectors are too big (32lb/hr), they havent seen the duty cycle at WOT in the higher rpm. I'm just thinking safe, I'd rather have too much fuel than not enough.

I have seen that Dinan 325 turbo in person, and talked to the owner. It is an amazing car, and has it all. Here is a pic I took (check out hte intercooler placement). http://matt325i.home.comcast.net/e30turbo.jpg

matt

Comment

Looks like he took out the AFM! Did he put in one of those kits that get rid of it, or did he just take it out and forget about it? If I even try to run my car without it, it hates me and won't run right...
        Me: "I can't wait to redline my car!"
        Mark: "Didn't you just break a rocker arm?"
        Me: "Yeah, I don't think I've learned my lesson."
        Mark: "You never will."

Comment

The Dinan turbo uses half of an 850i engine management. It uses a MAF meter which is before the turbo. Its pretty complex using that computer, it also has a custom burned chip in it.

matt

Comment

I believe dinan also build turbo iXs.

Turboing car isnt as easy as people might think, it takes lots of time and work.
            95' M3.
            90' 325i Turboed.
            87' 325eS Fixed.

Comment

So I've heard...
              Me: "I can't wait to redline my car!"
              Mark: "Didn't you just break a rocker arm?"
              Me: "Yeah, I don't think I've learned my lesson."
              Mark: "You never will."

Comment

Originally posted by DORIGTT
                Hey PeterCip,

What manifold are you using?
                Manifold adapter from proturbo.fi
                kinda a pain with the language barrier butit worked out in the end...

Comment

Working...
                X