ABS/Airbag reset tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS/Airbag reset tool

So I have a buddy of mine that has a couple of cool tools.

He just bought this...a ABS/Airbag reset tool. Great, now I can reset my SRS light, right? So I hooked it up to my coupe.

This is what I used. The Autel AA101 ABS/Airbag scanner.

So I plugged it in and I am getting error on the screen that reads...
    Communication tester not communicating with control unit.

Its brand new so it should be updated. So I wanted to see if it was the connectors so I plugged in the Snapon Modis...

It worked! This thing is cool! Its amazing what can be read and controlled pre-OBDII.

So, the question is, anybody else use this tool to sync up with an e30?

COTM

Awful cell pic in action...

COTM

Comment

Really, no one has used this thing?

COTM

Comment

Modis is a great tool, nearly affordable to the normal DIY guy.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I need to reset my ABS light to see if it will go away. Are you sure that a device such as this works to reset the ABS light as well? That would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
            I need to reset my ABS light to see if it will go away. Are you sure that a device such as this works to reset the ABS light as well? That would be great!
            Your ABS relay is probably toast from someone not jump starting the car correctly.
            what you did to this car is like getting a supermodel naked and willing to do anything you please. now here you are faced with ths once in a lifetime opportunity and then you squander it by making her fuck you in the butt with a 24" strap on. you are a sad, silly little boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
              To the best of my knowledge there isn't a reset for the ABS. But it isn't difficult to trouble shoot.

Troubleshooting the ABS system isn't very difficult. It is a stand alone
              system that ony gets input data from the brake light switch, wheel sensors and
              system power. The parts of the system are the ABS module located next to the
              steering column, the ABS relay mounted above the ABS module, the ABS unit in
              the left front of the engine bay, and a wheel speed sensor at each wheel.

If the ABS light comes on with ignition, but doesn't go out when the engine
              starts, a wiring problem, bad module, or bad ABS relay are the likely
              candidates. A failed or weak alternator will also cause this because the
              system voltage won't rise enough. There is a fusible link inside the ABS relay
              that can be blown. The relay can be repaired, or better yet replaced.

If the ABS light comes on when you turn on the ignition, goes out when the
              engine starts, and then comes back on before the car is moving the cause could
              be a bad module, a bad ABS unit, or a wiring fault.

If the goes out after engine start and only comes one when the car is moving,
              there's a problem with one (or more) of the sensors. The simple test to find
              out which sensor(s) is the cause is to disconnect all but one of the sensors
              and drive the car. If the light comes on, that sensor is sending a speed
              signal to the ABS and is good. Repeat with each other sensor to find the
              one(s) that don't cause the light to come on. Since the ABS module has no
              speed input besides the wheel sensors, if only a bad sensor is connected the
              module can't tell the car is moving and thus doesn't fault on missing speed
              signals from the other wheels. Once a bad speed sensor is found, if a new
              sensor still doesn't work, there could be a wriing fault in that circuit or a
              bad input channel in the ABS unit.
              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

But nothing on the SRS reset?

COTM

Comment

Working...
                X