Head light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head light problem

Hello all. I'm having issues troubleshooting my head light issue in my 90 vert. The low beams don't come on when I turn them on. The fogs and parking lights do though. And yes I am pulling the knob all of the way out. Haha. The low beam lights do come with the high beams when I turn the high beams on. Is this a switch issue? Not a fan of electrical any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    sigpicI'm playing the rest of this game under protest!!

I don't see how that could happen if the headlight wiring is stock. The fog lights should only come on when the foglight switch is turned on and the high beams are off. If they are coming on with that switch off and the headlight switch on some one has done some creative modifications, which are probably at the root of this problem.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by Dayman AhAHHH View Post
      Hello all. I'm having issues troubleshooting my head light issue in my 90 vert. The low beams don't come on when I turn them on. The fogs and parking lights do though. And yes I am pulling the knob all of the way out. Haha. The low beam lights do come with the high beams when I turn the high beams on. Is this a switch issue? Not a fan of electrical any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
      Well, like he said; someone was doing some creative wiring.

I would out of curiosity replace the low beams and retest if you have some spares. Or check your low beam relay as the circuit might be staying open when you put them on. The high beam lights by-pass the low beam relay - high beam relay over rides the low beam relay. this could explain why you get both working but not the lows. I would almost bet this being the culprit. If you don't have a relay; bridge the contact points on the fuse box to see if they come on with the switch without the relay there. When you bridge it you close the circuit. I don't know which points to connect. sorry.
      Last edited by Ceeker; 12-10-2010, 03:55 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

In relation to the relay, each light has it's own separate fuse. So that might be something worth looking into.
        sigpic
        85 swartz/metallic 325E
        84 alpine 325E
        85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
        84 Bronzit 318i/sold
        purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Working...
        X