diving board fog lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diving board fog lights

Ok, so I got this convertible which hasn't seen much snow in it's day. I took off the bumpers relatively easy with no corrosion anywhere. I recently acquired a set of oem fogs for the car with metal surround protective brackets.

Do I have to drill any holes in the bumper to mount this, Or did the factory supply a bumper specific to this application?

Do the fogs mount separately to the bumper as well? Please pm me
    sigpic

hope this helps, the fogs appear to be mounted in pre-drilled holes in the diving boards.

The loose bumper is a DOT marked bumper (factory replacement) so I doubt that there was a special p/n for fogs vs no fogs
    I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

ok, so I had a look at my bumper and they are pre-drilled for the fog light brackets.
      I also have the rebar surrounds to protect it to go with and not sure if any more existing mount holes are available. doesn't look like this on your bumper. I have access to a machine shop so there isn't an problem mounting them. looks like there will have to be creating drilling to mount the extra brackets I have.

thanks for the pics, definitely helped visually.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ceeker; 12-25-2010, 01:24 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

neither of my bumpers has the rebar aurround, so they may be aftermarket add-ons. shouldnt be hard to drill a few holes for them, as the bumper is aluminum, and fairly soft
        I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Originally posted by scottinAZ View Post
          neither of my bumpers has the rebar aurround, so they may be aftermarket add-ons. shouldnt be hard to drill a few holes for them, as the bumper is aluminum, and fairly soft
          nope, they aren't aftermarket.. I do recall seeing them on a few e30s in my day. :-) But as you said, may require additional drilling to mount them. thx
          sigpic

Comment

Let me know if you need a set of fogs for the set up shown in this thread. I have a nice set with pigtails for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by ccrelan View Post
              Let me know if you need a set of fogs for the set up shown in this thread. I have a nice set with pigtails for sale.
              read my first post..:-)
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X