Where does this hose go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does this hose go?

im swapping from early model to late model cooling system. but im confused about the hose that connects to the expansion tank. where does the circled part connect to? or is there a valve in the hose that only opens under pressure and the hose doesnt connect anywhere
    Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

The drawing is a little misleading. One end of that hose connects to the thermostat housing, a leg connects to the expansion tank, and the last end goes to the heater core.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

well thats interesting.

as it stands there are two hoses going to the heater core, so im guessing this new hose replaces one of the hoses that goes to the heater core. any guesses?

also, i dont have the hardware to install the coolant crossover pipe. does anyone know what size the bolts are and what length? my hope is that i can find something in a hardware store that will work. at least until i can get to a junkyard and get the actual hardware

thanks for the input
      Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

There are two ports coming out from the firewall; inlet and outlet of the heater core. The stubby #12 I believe is going from the head to the lower port. # 13 goes to the upper port.
        I'm not entirely sure if I have it reversed or not but you get the jest of it. There should be a SIB valve(service interval valve) between #13 and the heater core outlet.
        sigpic

Comment

yeah i believe that your right. one end connects to the thermostat, one goes to the expansion tank, and one to the heater core. there is one issue though. there is another hose that is connected. its hard to explain but i took a picture. the late-model hose appears to be designed without this hose in mind.

what should i do? if the hose pictured below doesnt do anything im just going to disconnect and plug it

Last edited by Tbolt; 12-31-2010, 08:44 AM.
          Tbolt Division

Comment

bump

I cant find any information on this, need to figure out what to do
            Tbolt Division

Comment

Working...
            X