Engine Code 1264

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Code 1264

Hey guys, need some input, i was driving out to the store and suddenly my car hiccuped/cut out for a short second in 2nd gear. Immediately after the check engine light went on. Did the stomp test and got 1264 which is "EGO Heater error code is stored if there is fault with Oxygen Sensor Heather or it's relay , Air Pump relay, supply wiring, or wire from DME." Not sure what to check first, idle is fine and im gonna give it a while and see how it does starting cold. What's the best way to check if the relays are bad?

Also going to check the o2 wiring because i have longtube headers and the o2 sensor is farther down.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

I had the same problem. My OBD port wasn't working either. Turns out it was fuse 9. It powers both of those. I'd check that first. If that's not the problem, just swap the O2 sensor heater relay with the fuel pump relay. They're both sitting next to eachother in the auxiliary relay panel right by the drivers side strut tower. Try starting the car. If it doesn't start, the relay is bad.
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome man thanks, drove it again just a bit ago and it didn't run weird but ill probably try that tomorrow. Thanks ;)
      Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

The heater won't affect drivability, most likely just fuel economy. All it does is heat up the O2 sensor quicker than the exhaust can so the car goes into closed loop faster for emissions purposes. Once the engine is warmed up, the O2 sensor heater doesn't do too much. You're welcome though.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X