Wiper fluid check LED won't go out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper fluid check LED won't go out??

Hi, I did search and didn't see anything just like this problem...

The wiper fluid level check panel LED won't go out , I can't figure out why. I have tried the following to isolate the problem.

- Snipped off the fluid level sensor plug so I can twist the wires together/ pull apart and eliminate any variable issues with the actual sensor or plug.

- I have a good ground when testing the BR wire to ground.

- I get about 7 volts from the BL/VL wire to ground. Connecting this live wire directly to ground doesn't help.

The circuit per the Bentley manual is really simple but I don't know what to try next...? If I wasn't getting any voltage, I would try re-flowing the check panel solder joints but not sure at this point.

Thanks for any ideas!!

If the light doesn't go out when you short the sensor connector the fault is either an open circuit between the check panel and connector or a bad check panel.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Has the sensor rotated out of alignment?

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
      Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

^This.
        My sensor light stuck on recently, the sensor had flipped completely upside down.
        Gave it a spin, done.
        Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
        I <3 dead naked girls.

Comment

Working...
        X