broken ignition switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken ignition switch

Okay so last night I was driving around everything is fine on the car until I stopped to pick someone up. I went to turn the car off but it didnt they key came out but the car stayed on. I stalled the car to shut it off and it starter right back up but when I pull the key out it ddoesn't shut off. The radio shuts off but that's it. So I pull fuse number 17 and it shut off any ideas?on what went wrong?

And now I just put the fuse back and it just did it again wtf! When I the fuse is off the car starts. But when I put it on it shuts off but still starts

Comment

It sounds like the electrical portion of the ignition switch has failed. Replacing it isn't difficult, though you'll have to remove the steering wheel to get the upper column cover off.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I have a spare igintion switch if you want it. I am trying to get rid of all the spare parts I don't need. Need any suspension parts? You can have the ignition switch, but if you need suspension parts I will have to sell them to you. The igniton switch is just the switch not the tumbler and key.
        Because I said so, thats why.

Comment

You could always bypass the ignition switch if you didnt want to remove the sterring wheel. You could install a push button start as long as you ingniton lock still works and can unlock the steering wheel.
          Because I said so, thats why.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys it seems to have fixed itself when I pulled the fuse 17 now it starts right up and doesn't fail thanks a lot on the input

Comment

Working...
            X