Wiper issues. HELP ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper issues. HELP ASAP

So a few months back my wiper arms got stuck up while on the eway. Before I could get off the eway to unwedge them the motor had started smoking so I knew the motor was done. So I bought a reman one. After a week of that one on I didn't put the motor cover on and the wipers would get stuck half way so I just figured water got in the motor and would make it lock at a certain spot. So I disconnected the linkage and activated the motor and it would lock with no linkage. So I got another one.

So I replaced it again and after a week its doing it in the same spot again. Any ideas or suggestions on wtf else it could be?
    Originally posted by Good & Tight
    It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

linkage is stripped, as much as i would like to say its not a bad job, its a royal PITA.....

good luck

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

The issue is that I disconnect the linkage from the motor and activate the wipers and the motor gets stuck on its own. That's what I don't get. And its only while going up at a certain point. Once u pull it slightly then it will keep going all the way normally till its down.

Comment

Try a new relay big black rectangle in fuse box
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Or possibly the wiper stalk ground needs to be removed, cleaned and tightened.

Comment

The issue is u hear it and see it stuck. Untill its pulled. Ill try the relay tomorrow but it has me baffled.

Comment

i have the exact same problem.. i've just been putting it off because i keep hearing about how much of a PITA it is, let us know if you figure out what the problem is.

Comment

Working...
              X