Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

replaced driver's door lock, still doesn't work. help me diagnose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replaced driver's door lock, still doesn't work. help me diagnose!

I replaced the driver's door lock. Now when turning the key, everything else locks when the key is turned to the double lock position but the driver's door still doesn't lock.:hitler:

What do i look at next? The door lock motor? These locks are so annoying.

Are you sure the actuator is connected in the drivers side door lock? (there is no motor-called actuator) Test the lock from the passenger side as well. you can't double lock from that side but you can see if drivers side will lock. Also try from the trunk lock. Was the drivers lock working before replacing it? what I mean were you able to lock the car from the trunk or passenger side before?
    sigpic

Comment

If I turn the key in the passenger door or trunk, all doors including the driver's door will lock/unlock. But if I try to turn the key in the driver's door (the newly installed lock), nothing happens until it turns 90 degrees to the double lock position, then every door locks except the driver's door. The driver's door doesn't do anything when using a key form that side. I should post a video of this to help me explain it... And a long time ago the driver's door lock used to work before getting stuck, which is the reason for me replacing that lock

Comment

here's a video, where do i go from here?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_fzrBBxwe4

Last edited by ac3; 02-17-2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ac3 View Post
          If I turn the key in the passenger door or trunk, all doors including the driver's door will lock/unlock. But if I try to turn the key in the driver's door (the newly installed lock), nothing happens until it turns 90 degrees to the double lock position, then every door locks except the driver's door. The driver's door doesn't do anything when using a key form that side. I should post a video of this to help me explain it... And a long time ago the driver's door lock used to work before getting stuck, which is the reason for me replacing that lock
          then I suspect that when the lock cyl packed it in and was left for that period something siezed up. or disconnected something while in the door removing the original lock cyl. Go back in and inspect. maybe it's a micro switch that is faulty on the drivers side door. this would explain why the drivers side door locks normally from pass/trunk but not from drivers side. you'll have to peel the panel off and test it with the panel off. there is obvious power going to the other lock when using the drivers side. So we know it has power. The only other thing I could think of is the Central Control module mentioned in my previous post.

I saw the video; sometimes trying to lock from the drivers side your passenger side kicks back. So it isn't allowing it to lock all the time from what I see. Make sure you everything is put back inside the way you removed it. Could have disturbed the wiring plugs.

I am having a similar problem; I can't lock my car from the passenger side or the trunk lock but can from the drivers side.
          My lock kicks back like in your case when trying it from the other doors. I suspect it is my central control module as all my locks are fine.
          Last edited by Ceeker; 02-17-2011, 10:45 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Even locking the doors from the pasenger door is strange. I'll turn the key to lock and they'll pop back up unlocked unless i hold it in the locked position for a few seconds. The driver's door will lock but then be stuck there and i'll have to pull it back up by hand.

Comment

hmm...keeps sounding more and more like your Control module man...
              sigpic

Comment

so f***ing annoying.

I replaced the driver's door lock actuator. Now it sometimes works, but not well. Manually pulling the lock up or down is very stiff / not smooth and doesn't activate any other door locks when pushing to the locked or unlocked position. the key will lock other doors though.

If I unlock the doors from another lock, the driver's door only unlocks half way. It's like the mechanics or whatever aren't moving properly inside the door.

Now what? :hitler:

Comment

Working...
                X