Stuck C191 connector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck C191 connector?

Has anyone had this problem? For the life of me, I can't unscrew the C191 connector and properly disconnect it. It does seem to be in not the best condition. Should I cut the ends and splice the wires together?
    I have the head and intake manifold out right now so it wouldn't be difficult at all.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I actually posted this thread because of that link from your previous thread ;)

Guess it wouldn't hurt to splice it!
      Originally posted by TSI
      OEM+

Comment

WTF, it is 2 chunks of plastic, how the hell can it be that stuck?

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I mentioned in your poor running thread to check this connector, appears it is corroded. This contributes to poor running as you know.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            WTF, it is 2 chunks of plastic, how the hell can it be that stuck?
            Dude, that's what I've been trying to figure out for a while. I had two water pump pliers trying to disconnect this motherfucker, nothing.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            I mentioned in your poor running thread to check this connector, appears it is corroded. This contributes to poor running as you know.
            Yes, I tried to disconnect it but to no avail. There was no way to get to that connector and fix it with the intake mani in the way, its in such a weird place. Thanks man.

time to splice this mofo.
            Originally posted by TSI
            OEM+

Comment

You can reach it from below. It's corroded you basically will have to cut it and re splice in another connector.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                You can reach it from below. It's corroded you basically will have to cut it and re splice in another connector.
                Word, thanks man.
                Originally posted by TSI
                OEM+

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you what a PROPERLY corroded C191 connector looks like. Let me remind you, this should probably be considered NSFW, so if you have someone of importance looking at your computer, tell them to look away

^This is as it looked like when I pulled back the rubber boot

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Jesus christ. It's beyond me how my car actually ran like this. I dremeled the C191 through the middle because I was curious how bad the damage was..it was just corrosion everywhere. I don't know how people can slice this with the intake mani in the way, must be such a pain! Much easier when its out. Haven't spliced it back together since I can't find heat shrink. Stripping corroded wires is quite a bitch.
                  Last edited by lolcantturn; 02-23-2011, 04:23 PM.
                  Originally posted by TSI
                  OEM+

Comment

Why nsfw?
                    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                      Why nsfw?
                      It's just that hideous ;)
                      Originally posted by TSI