m50tub25 running warm on highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m50tub25 running warm on highway

So this is my 5th e30 in around 4 years, the first one with a swap. Its an early model 318 with a vanos m50. Now something ive been noticing lately is when im running 75 or so on the highway im running around an 8th of an inch warmer than the 1\2 mark. But in traffic or just putting around town it runs right at the 1\2 mark.

I guess im curious if anyone has any exp for what i just described? If not maybe someone knows the operating temps of a m20 and m50.

Also on another note my heatercore just recently blew out. I do not have the funds to replace right away so i just bypassed it(HOLY PITA WITH A M50). Well my electric aux fan on the front of my rad decides to stop working. if it is wired to my ac switch bypassing my core should have nothing to do with it right?

Im mainly concerd beacuse im moving to central florida in around 3 weeks so id like to get this sorted out so i dont arrive with a boiling m50

Sorry for the wall of txt haha

p.s. i have a 2.97 lsd so im running around 3k at 75

nothing?

failure.

Comment

bump

Comment

Dude you should see how my engine runs. Always a needle width past half and stuck in traffic my operating range is 1/2 - 3/4. I think its just off. The tank is always full of coolant.
        Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

interesting. anyone else share these experiences?

Comment

Working...
          X