buying used 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying used 318i

tomorrow i am buying a 318i it has 230k miles i have test drove it and the motor and transmission run really well, i have absolutely no maintenance records of the car. when it accelerates to 45-60 mph there is some shaking and the steering is very sensitive and there is play in the steering wheel, my questions are will i need a new tie rod or is it just an alignment or wheel needs balanced, its causing the back right tire to wear uneven? second how can i tighten up the steering? third what should i do to make sure the motor is good? should i replace the timing chain water pump? how do i find out if they are in good shape? how would i find out if i have a newer transmission in the car? i am new to owning a bmw and i plan to make another purchase and get a 740il soon but this is going to be my base to get to know the playing field thank you for any info. also the heater and a/c do not work no fan turns on and there are two missing hoses under the hood close to the firewall! i need the A/C what would you guys recommend?
    Last edited by abriel68; 03-20-2011, 09:46 PM.

ok, today i purchased my first bmw 1991 318i 4 door 1600 bux strait body except for front corner of hood. Is it worth putting some new struts in the car for a smoother ride? odometer stuck at 236,291 how do i know if the motor is reliable how do i make it reliable?

Comment

Working...
    X