Deluxe OBC not working since battery died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deluxe OBC not working since battery died

When my battery died a few months ago, my OBC got all screwy. I was able to reset the time and date, but none of the other functions work, such as the trip counter, range, temp, etc. If I push any of the buttons for those functions, all it says is "PPPPP" and then the unit of measurement for whichever function. Does anyone know how to fix this? I really like having all of those features, and it's making me nuts not knowing how to fix them. The owner's manual offers no help, either.

It's a coding plug problem, but first, try this:
    Put the ignition in the radio position and press the code button on your obc. Then hold down the little pin hole button till the computer blinks and goes over to the hour display. This resets it and hopefully fixes your prob.

If not (like me), check to make sure your coding plug is seated on the back of the obc. Press it in farther and then try the above and hopefully that gets it (worked for me), if not, it's time to get a new coding plug.

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk
      It's a coding plug problem, but first, try this:
      Put the ignition in the radio position and press the code button on your obc. Then hold down the little pin hole button till the computer blinks and goes over to the hour display. This resets it and hopefully fixes your prob.
      All that did was reset my clock, and now after the clock it says "UHR", and all the functions now are in metric, celcius, and KM, and say "KKKKK". The temperature function displays, but it's in celcius.

Comment

Press consume you should see all zeros.
        Then Press the reset button until the 0's no longer have slashes in them or have slashes in them ( i forget which is for metric and which is for what you want)

Sold it.

Comment

Doesn't anyone know how to do this? I know someone has had to reset the functions before, and I know people have swapped the deluxe OBC into their cars. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Thats why youre supposed to pull the fuses for the OBC when you jump start or fool around with a dead battery, those OBCs don't do well with power surges of any kind. Press the AVE MPG button then hit the little pin hole button to get it back to english units and set the clock. Sounds like the full reset worked.
            Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Yeah, I just went out there and fiddled around with it for a while, and got it all working again. The only fishy thing still is that the temp says it's 132 degrees outside, but I think that might fix itself once I actually drive. I didn't know the whole thing about pulling the fuses, good to know for next time.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone could offer some insight as to why my OBC says the temp is 136 degrees? Everything else is working fine but that.

It's hot here, but I'm thinking it's probably not that hot. :D

Comment

my temp 99% of the time says 122 degrees nonstop

then one day, it started reading actual temps outta nowhere
                  that was kjust for a day tho
                  now its back to 122

no clue why
                  Present:
                  1984 633csi
                  1985 635csi
                  Past:
                  1991 318i / 1987 325e / 1988 325is / 1986 325i / 1985 535i