Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power steering reservoir hoses

Hi guys,
    I just picked up a power steering reservoir to replace mine and i need to get some hoses.

Has anyone had hoses made as a hose shop or do I need to get the OEM hoses?
    If I can have them made at a hose shop...what do I ask for...what specifications do I need to tell them?

Hose type, fittings/thread, etc. Anyone know how long each one is?

OEM hoses are less than $40 usually depending on year/engine. The High pressure line is more but the supply lines are pretty reasonable.

Comment

Take your old hoses to evco and they will put new hoses on your old fittings. Be sure to get new crush washers to install. The high pressure hose usually doesn't need to be replaced...just the ones going to the res.
      The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerteck View Post
        OEM hoses are less than $40 usually depending on year/engine. The High pressure line is more but the supply lines are pretty reasonable.
        There are only 2 lines that go from the reservoir to the rack from what I remember from looking under there almost a year ago. I am assuming one is a high pressure, and the other is a low pressure?

Originally posted by wodcutr View Post
        Take your old hoses to evco and they will put new hoses on your old fittings. Be sure to get new crush washers to install. The high pressure hose usually doesn't need to be replaced...just the ones going to the res.
        I will have to replace both...I am looking to get the entire set up and then removing the existing set-up, and installing the new set up. I can't have the car on jack stands right now.

In fiddling with trying to correct a PS fluid leak, I remember trying to disconnect the lines from the rack and they were seemingly inaccessible...does the rack have to be moved to disconnect both of the lines from the reservoir?

Thanks for your help, guys.

Comment

One line from the reservoir goes to the pump (supply line low pressure), the other line you asked about is the return from the rack to the reservoir. (return line also low pressure) The High pressure line is from the pump to the rack.(it's high pressure and more expensive)

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerteck View Post
            One line from the reservoir goes to the pump (supply line low pressure), the other line you asked about is the return from the rack to the reservoir. (return line also low pressure) The High pressure line is from the pump to the rack.(it's high pressure and more expensive)
            Ah-ha...I see how it works now. I was understanding it incorrectly in that one of the lines connected to the reservoir was high pressure and another was a low pressure line...that was confusing me.

Now that that is worked out...does anyone know if those lines are identical? I was looking on RealOEM and they only seem to list one of them. Not sure if that would mean someone would just get 2 of those for the reservoir.

Thanks again for all the info.

Comment

No they are not identical. and they differ for different years/motors as well.

Comment

Working...
              X