Shop Nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop Nightmares

Thought Id start a thread and post up pictures of crazy stuff we see at the shop. Repairs/installs done by prior owners, shops along with cars that come in with issues.

Tonight we start with a simple one...

Why bother removing front shocks when you can just cut a slit in the bump stop and zip tie it on?
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Lovely.. wish I had taken pictures of some of the shit rednecks do to BMWs in the south.

Comment

ha, I worked on a e30 one time where someone replaced the pass side control arm and I would say they couldnt get the nut all the way tighten down. So they just welded it fast to the subframe. haha.

Comment

Wow, such a lazy way to do it...

mind naming the shops that do this bad work? It might prompt them to improve
        Last edited by kalib0y; 06-23-2011, 11:43 AM.
        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
        Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
        LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by zm blue devil View Post
          thought id start a thread and post up pictures of crazy stuff we see at the shop. Repairs/installs done by prior owners, shops along with cars that come in with issues.

Tonight we start with a simple one...

Why bother removing front shocks when you can just cut a slit in the bump stop and zip tie it on?
          wow!!
          Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

PO wired the low beam headlights in with the high beams.

So I have to have the brights on with the highs unplugged just to get my low beams on.

Originally posted by StewStewIloveyouyou
            hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah f--- this community its like am making my life with you guys
            And am making my life with you guy too. ;)

Comment

The hose from my radiator res. & other various Vac lines were electrical taped instead of having proper clamps. I guess dude couldn't afford to get even the cheapo clamps from auto zone.

Comment

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
                The hose from my radiator res. & other various Vac lines were electrical taped instead of having proper clamps. I guess dude couldn't afford to get even the cheapo clamps from auto zone.

2.99 for 6.

But I've been so broke I can't afford 2.99. Its okay to run duct tape for 2 weeks. But when you get paid take care of it. And don't sell a car like that.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah f--- this community its like am making my life with you guys

Comment

Originally posted by zxert View Post
                  2.99 for 6.

But I've been so broke I can't afford 2.99. Its okay to run duct tape for 2 weeks. But when you get paid take care of it. And don't sell a car like that.
                  I would have appricated maybe say electrical tape with zip ties, since the whole plastic bumper and most of the car was zip tied together.

Comment

Zip ties are better than 5 bolts, 2 of them the wrong size holding my valence and bumper trim on.

Comment

Useless/aftermarket antenna unit with cut, shielded antenna lead.

Evil green coolant.

Wrong..

Ah yes - duct tape is exactly what you want to use near a exhaust plumbing..

Fuct timing. (intake sprocket one tooth off. slots at maximum to 'compensate')

And gobs of extra wiring.. I must have removed two pounds of mystery wiring from the cabin..

as bad as it is - correcting stuff like this always rewards me with high levels of satisfaction.
                      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                        Wow, such a lazy way to do it...

mind naming the shops that do this bad work? It might prompt them to improve
                        no idea on shops names, we dont ask, it gets fixed, we get a laugh and move on.
                        sigpic
                        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Heyyy, I used one of those cheap aftermarket antennaes... cost me 30 bucks... replaced my snapped one.. but I did not modify any car wiring, everything plugs into the stock locations.

If I ever do get a decent stock aerial, I'll jump on it.

I have some good ones, Must find them

One is a bolt in my head holding a rocker-shaft down and the other was a cerial box packet used for a gasket.

Last edited by antil33t; 06-23-2011, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by antil33t
                            a cerial box packet used for a gasket.
                            Hahaha !!
                            That's crazy.
                            -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

The funny part was, it wasn't the gasket that failed... 0.0 They obviously re-used the pump.

Comment

Working...
                              X