anyone with a 318i swap a s14 motor in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone with a 318i swap a s14 motor in?

I didn't know where to put this so it ended up here. I've seen a couple, but never any write ups. Anyone on this board done this swap? I would love some info.

Waste of time and money.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

id say a early 318 with s14 would be pretty cool. With some suspension a brake upgrades a m3 wouldnt stand a chance. you might also want to look at the m42 engine if you dont wanna spend much

Comment

early boy + susp + m42w/DASC + 4.27s = SEXUAL FRIGGGIN CHOCLOLATE.
        sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

I think it would be a cool project. OK, whats an m42 w/DASC? and wouldn't 4.27 be way to low?

Comment

Originally posted by nickmp0wer
            id say a early 318 with s14 would be pretty cool. With some suspension a brake upgrades a m3 wouldnt stand a chance.
            uh? what? why would this setup be an m3 killer? the only thing i can think of would be maybe a few pounds lighter.
            James
            '88 M3

Comment

Originally posted by thejimlab
              I think it would be a cool project. OK, whats an m42 w/DASC? and wouldn't 4.27 be way to low?
              Downing Atlanta Supercharger. It works with E36 M42s. 4.27 wouldn't be too low at all with a stock M42, but with the S/C....maybe. It'd be fun as hell though.

Comment

Originally posted by jht3
                Originally posted by nickmp0wer
                id say a early 318 with s14 would be pretty cool. With some suspension a brake upgrades a m3 wouldnt stand a chance.
                uh? what? why would this setup be an m3 killer? the only thing i can think of would be maybe a few pounds lighter.
                a few pounds? i dont know how much the s14 weighs compared to the m10 but the early 318's weigh like 3 or 400 pounds less dont they?

Comment

Originally posted by Streetspec_iS
                  early boy + susp + m42w/DASC + 4.27s = SEXUAL FRIGGGIN CHOCLOLATE.
                  Fast and cheap set up :twisted:
                  San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                    4.27 wouldn't be too low at all with a stock M42, but with the S/C....maybe. It'd be fun as hell though.
                    this is true. but its all about the fun. plus rowing thru the gears is a good workout.
                    sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Working...
                    X