2quikquestions: valve adjustment and bolts near cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2quikquestions: valve adjustment and bolts near cat

hey guys I'm am replacing the gasket the connects the cat and cat back today but they are completely fused does anyone know what size nuts and bolts I should use? Or would pep boys or advanced autohave the specs. For me?

I am also planning to do a valve adjustment today. Id rather do it with the engine cold but have been driving for about an hour. How long should I wait before doing this?

Thanks bros

Originally posted by gokepsgo View Post
    hey guys I'm am replacing the gasket the connects the cat and cat back today but they are completely fused does anyone know what size nuts and bolts I should use? Or would pep boys or advanced autohave the specs. For me?

I am also planning to do a valve adjustment today. Id rather do it with the engine cold but have been driving for about an hour. How long should I wait before doing this?

Thanks bros
    About exhaust hardware:

Get it from the dealer, if you substitute w/ some stuff from a hardware store you might end up with an exhaust leak as the threaded lengths may be different.

Comment

Yeah I figured. I'm probably going to use randoms from pepboys until I can get them from bmw. I just need to knowhow thick of a bolt I shoud use for now.

Comment

3/8 diameter should be good for now right?

Comment

Pull the valve cover and place a normal "box" fan on top of the motor, let it run for an hour or so, the motor should be cool to the touch.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

thanks ill see if my friend has one and do that. I'm doing custom muffler hangers for my new noisemaker and replacing that gasket so by the time were done with all that it should hopefully be good to go.

Comment

Real oem says the bolts are m8s? I just bought some 3/8s from pepboys. Should fit right? I didn't see any called m8 there and they don't carry specific hardware

Comment

m8 is 5/16"
                Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Thank god I've been there 3 times since I got out of work yesterday!

Comment

Working...
                  X