And the fun begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the fun begins

Driving along last night and hit a decent size pothole then my speedo froze on the speed i was doing till i smelt smoke which it then must of popped the fuse.

I checked all the fuses today and number 10 was blown. Even when there is no power turned on it pops the fuse as soon as i put it in.

Any ideas guys?

Much appreciated

short in cluster maybe, mine did sim

Comment

this ^;^
      my build here ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=lemans+blue

Comment

thanks guys. will pick up another cluster and see how it goes.

Comment

That could be a short in the cluster, but that fuse also powers a number of other items and a short in one of those circuits is probably more likely. See the wiring diagrams at http://wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Hey guys tried another cluster and the same thing happened.
            The instrument cluster is shorting out so i took it apart and here is some photos. I have no idea about reading electrical diagrams sorry.
            Attached Files

Comment

same thing was happening to me...theres this plug on the right hand side of your transmission i wanna say in the middle portion upper portion....try unplugging those...they control your reverse lights and run right through your number 10 fuse...your tach should work but you wont have reverse lights....thats just one scenario lemme know if it works!

Comment

thanks mrgetbig50 i had a short in the wires running to the gearbox for the reverse lights so it is now not frying the cluster...but the speedo is working on and off. I have to pull on the white plug behind the speedo to get it to work.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                X