ok, more injector woes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, more injector woes...

do the injectors come apart? because theres the black seal, and a little orange plastic thing, and i could probably cut it off, but i dont know how to get the new one on....

The black seal should be just an o-ring. If you have a little flathead screwdriver you can put it underneath and pry the seal off. The new one should be able to roll onto the injector, and seat without the flathead.
    sigpic
    2001 330i - In the garage.
    1986 335is - 325e with Euro 735 M30B34, Under Construction.
    1989 E30 ///M3 - Sold.
    1975 2002 - Sold.

Comment

yeah, i got all those off. but then theres a orange disk type thing too, and its plastic, and wont bend, im wondering if the nozzle can slip off so i can slide the disk off.

Comment

Dunno, Ive never changed those or the O-Rings, Ive just taken it apart to check it out. Good Luck.
        sigpic
        2001 330i - In the garage.
        1986 335is - 325e with Euro 735 M30B34, Under Construction.
        1989 E30 ///M3 - Sold.
        1975 2002 - Sold.

Comment

On the injecetor on the engine side is the Pintel cap then there is the O-ring(seal) then a plastic disk. Just cut to old seals off then Pry the New O-rings over the pintel cap. It's hard but use a little bit of oil on the ring and a small eye glass screwdriver and make sure not to knick the seals.
          Oh and Yes the Injectors can be removed without pulling the manifold. It's hard but can be done.
          85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

lil late for that but i understand. its a good thing i pulled the manifold anyway because my gasket on the last cylinder looked like it had bit the dust a while ago....

Comment

Working...
            X