Help, oil pan! hurry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, oil pan! hurry

I have all the bolts out i think. there doesnt look to be any more but the pan is still stuck towards the back where it connects to something else. What am i missing?!

(Trying to change gasket)

It's stuck to the tranny Lower support. There are four 13mm bolts that bolt it to the Engine block then a couple torx bolts that go threw the tranny into it. Once this is removed you'll see 6 or so more of those 10mm bolts to pull off then the pan should drop right off.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

ok i see what you mean, now...the torx bolts are like star shaped, what do i use to undo them? i regular wrench/socket doesn't work!

hurry :)

Comment

can't help ya, my motor was on an engine stand when I took my oil pan off :D
        Originally posted by blunt
        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by chase
          ok i see what you mean, now...the torx bolts are like star shaped, what do i use to undo them? i regular wrench/socket doesn't work!

hurry :)
          Uhhh.. outside torx sockets perhaps?
          James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

I used 12 point sockets, and 12 point box end wrenches, they worked for me.

Also do you have the engine raised up? you wont be able to get the pan off if you don't lift the motor.

Comment

Of course its lifted...but that reminds me.

My pass side motor mount is broken...i tryed to ubolt the nut like 20 min and it never moved..my dad said it must be stripped...so i got the lift real close and jacked it up and the thing wasn't even attached. Only the drivers side mount was...scary.

Comment

You can buy a Torx Socket set at Autozone or a good 12point wrench works.
                85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

I put the job on hold for over night, everything was closed and it was too dark to continue.

Got up early and bought a 7 pieces torx socket set for 20 bux, finished the rest of the job by 330. such a time consuming job, all the damn bolts.

finally done though, :) next up

New exhaust and cat,
                  Oxy Sensor,
                  Fuel Pump,
                  Clutch & Accesories
                  Euro bumpers
                  Rear skirt for bumpers and front spoiler.

Comment

Working...
                  X