Replacing Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Dash

hey guys anyone replaced a dahs, how long did it take you and how hard was it, i checked my car 2 days ago and i noticed yet another crack. just wanna know how big of a job is it, so i can get ready to do it in the spring

I did it in one saturday last January along with I replaced the carpet. It's not to bad the hardest part I had was getting the air vent cables hooked back up right.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Its not a hard job it just can be a pain in the butt at times.

Took me i think less then a day to finish putting it in and then the next day i spent getting everything straightened up and everything working again.

A bit off topic but replacing the carpet is pretty ez just have to remove the center console and so on and do a bit of cutting and it goes right in took me a couple of hours to get it into place nicly.

BTW i have a dash that i would be more then willing to let go for 50 plus shipping it was removed from a 1988 325iS. :P

Anyway good luck

Comment

is the dash in good condtion? do you have any pics of it. that seems like a good price, but im scared that during shippping it might get messed up?

Comment

i think this may be the dash he is talking about:

on the note of dash replacement.. i've heard its more of a tedious and time consuming job, as opposed to anything difficult. also heard a good memory is something somewhat important about getting things back right... this would be where i fail.

Comment

Originally posted by e304lyfe
            i think this may be the dash he is talking about:

on the note of dash replacement.. i've heard its more of a tedious and time consuming job, as opposed to anything difficult. also heard a good memory is something somewhat important about getting things back right... this would be where i fail.

Yeah having a good memory is the key, just remeber to grab those handy ziploc bags and mark every screw that comes out and to make sure it goes in the way it came out.

Yep that is it right there and yes i had it at 65 but i am at the point were i want it gone and it has minor defects but nothing major it doesnt even have any cracks in it.

If you are willing to pay for the shipping i will pack it up and FedEx it.

I have tons of parts laying all over the place all of wich are E30 parts and i am more then happy to let them go cheap, i have to drive the car in just right so i dont run over something and the shed we have is already full of tables and tractors n crap.

Comment

Working...
            X