leaking si battery is my board bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaking si battery is my board bad?

i recently picked up an 89 325i did a 5 speed swap, got everything in and running. once i got it started i noticed that the tach, mpg, and temp gauges do not work. so i read up on what could be wrong and decided to take the cluster out to see whats going on. i found that the battery seems to be leaking and i was wondering if the board is no longer usable from the leakage.

Remove the batteries, wash the board with distilled water and let it completely dry. Then try new batteries. The board may, or may not, work. From the pictures I'd say there is a chance that the board is still good.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

do you remove the solder from the bottom side of the board (opposite of the batteries)?

Comment

really how do i take off that glue

Comment

can anyone help with removal of the batteries... my 240 was never like this haha

Comment

I think your the one looking at my cluster, just wanted to bump this up because this is why I took my cluster out. I now have 2 clusters where the tach temp, and mpg dont work.
            I didnt think it was the batteries, I thought maybe a fuse because they were the same.
            Either way I have not figured it out, but would like to.
            I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

Working...
            X