M52 idling issue, stuck what to do next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52 idling issue, stuck what to do next

Ok, my M52 2.8 runs normally and brilliantly. No idle issues.

600 - 700 RPM is normal idle speed. Well moving in traffic as car is slowing down and when the revs dip below this the car stalls. I then stop, it cuts out. So I take it for a drive and as long as I dont hit below 1000RPM the car drives normally.

Ok so I drive and park it and it idles at normal RPM. Now I am thinking idler os gone or playing up but its fine one drive and cuts out the other? Just a pointer if I'm looking at right area would be great and what other things I should consider that I haven't.

Thanks for reading

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30
    Dean, has anyone told you that youre a spitting image of English singer-songwriter and musician, james blunt?

I almost have the same issue but doesnt shut off, just the CEL comes on...sometimes. Just last night I discovered a vacuum leak between the the TB and the intake. Mine has a new gasket but still leaks. Im also going to clean out the ICV, and the MAF just in case. Im soon going to get a smoke test.

COTM

Comment

Intake leaks can cause this.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah did check the intake for leaks or splits and its in new condition. Also the MAF was cleaned properally 2 months ago.

Just took the car for a lap around town and its idling fine? Even checked fuel level, ample, in case something silly like no fuel and it was cutting out. Nothing.

I gave it some 1st 2nd gear acceleration and pulling away driving at 3rd and 4th gear at 20mph (my city centre mac speed) and it drove fine even when slowing, it would dip slightly below 500 RPM and stabilise to normal.

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30
        Dean, has anyone told you that youre a spitting image of English singer-songwriter and musician, james blunt?

Comment

Working...
        X