Very disappointed and frustated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very disappointed and frustated...

So I have my E30 for about a year now, in my house has been 1 E30 before and currently 1 e36. Back then the PO ripped me off badly!, it was a autotragic SETA. The car was in not that good condition, just ok. No rust. Obviously the tranny broke like 3 weeks after and I did the swap. Im happy with my car. But men I pay 2500 for it!!!... So I was accepting that truth. But yesterday a friend of mine arrived at my home with a pristine E36 4 door! And he bought it for 2400! already manual and obviously with a fresh m50 on it!..Damn I feel depressed...That e36 is in very good shape, I feel like my car is worthless!...Can someone please convince that my car is a better decision even it isn't true....

wut
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

there are always "deals" out there. the e36 is by far a cheaper model to afford in the sense of the quality. they are not as well made as e30's. so yeah, his is a newer model but....doesn't mean a better car. early e36's were problematic. rattles in the interior, cheaped out on the interiors. once the mileage got up high on these and not maintained you couldn't bring them back. An e30 can be brought back even if suspension is flopped out. Not so much with an e36. the e36 got better 1995+. e30's in great condition still fetch a premium because they will last and out last any e36.
      sigpic

Comment

I bought my e30 for $1900 and I have completely rebuilt the car from the ground up. It took me 2 years to complete it between family and the army. After getting the car back together and drivable, the autotragic lasted 2 days!!!! Then spent another 2 months getting the manual swap purchased and installed. I then fried the sensors on the bellhousing, replaced them and succeeded in ripping the wire out of one! Deployed again, spent a couple of weeks with my car laughing at me every morning and evening before and after work to find that one broken wire that I hadn't had a chance to fix. Now the car is running great but I need to replace the tires!!! If it is not one thing or another I would really think my car was seriously broke! I could have had a lot newer car but then I wouldn't have been able to build one that I can truly call my own! The e30 has 200k miles on it and with all the blood, sweat, and tears I put into it, it will last another 200k+!!!!! All said and done, I probably spent more on this car than I could have bought a newer BMW but this one is mine! I can also do all the maintenance and not need specialized training to do so! Enjoy your e30 and make it yours. There are so many more possibilities available with the e30 than with most other cars!!! Have fun!!!
        Some people just need a sympathetic pat...
        on the head...
        WITH A HAMMER!!!

Comment

I paid 2800 for my 318is perfect shape just shot interior and faded paint had close to 15k on it then totaled it. Booth my autotragic blew it up just so I cud put all my 24v stuff in it and I'm all happy inside again lol.

Basically I'm saying u did good just swap a 5 speed on it and ull be happy
          sigpic
          ^Back in the game^
          BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
          FS thread:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
            wut

Comment

Working...
            X