Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosch-Behr compressor not compatible with R134-a, but what about if it is a reman com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch-Behr compressor not compatible with R134-a, but what about if it is a reman com

I know the Bosch-Behr compressor that came from factory with the BMW is NOT R134-a compatible. But, what about if you purchase a remanufactured Bosch-Behr compressor. Since it is remanufactured is the compressor then automatically converted to work with R134-a

short answer is not always.

I got a four seasons one that was NOT compatible with 134, however, you can get the seals from Polar Bear to solve this problem. With the correct seals, 134A is not a problem with this unit
    I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

in general, the entire ac system of the e30 isn't compatible. thats why you do a retrofit kit (aka seals)

Comment

The issue is not as much with the compressor crank seal and o-rings but with the oil it came filled with. If there is POE in it you're 134a okay, if it came with filled with mineral oil then no.

The e30 system wasn't designed for the operating pressures of 134a. Using the factory TXV and condenser head pressure will be high, compressor life will be shortened, and system performance will be so-so.

Comment

Working...
        X