Fuel Smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Smell

Hey, I get a fuel smell in the cabin when I have my heater on only at idle. I've replaced the rubber fuel return/delivery lines, The lines to the charcoal canister seems to be ok. What else could it be? A leaky injector maybe, how do you test them? Its weird because I only smell it when Im at a red light / complete stop. Thnx! Im taking it in asap. Thursday, just wonder any heads up ideas?

I would check the metal fuel lines running to the fuel tank. You live in VA, that would make me assume you have snow and salted roads. Rust is a problem in those conditions.

I knew a guy in Maine that lost his brakes when the metal brake lines finally rusted through.
    94' Ford Ranger, crashed it into an oak tree.

Anyways do a visual inspection of all metal lines under the car.

Comment

Metal Lines

Ya we're gonna lift her up and take a look under there tomm. I hope its something simple, Im tired of trouble with this car :\ I've spent over $5,000 getting it the way I want it thus far. I never have any money to mod it because Im always spending it on quarky little stuff. I live in fear something else is just gonna go wrong after I fix one thing LoL, Im about to say screw it, my next cars a Hyundai Tiburon 10 year/100k warranty.

Comment

Definitely check the lines around the fuel filter and tank, I have a leak coming from my tank I believe and I have to drop the whole thing to check it.

Comment

Also check the fuel lines the lines in the engine compartment. Some of those run in front of the cowl. I had a fuel smell and it ended up being the o-ring on the gas tank for the fuel sender/fuel pump assembly.
          Eric
          85 325e M50 and auto to manual transmission conversion...

Comment

lifted it

We lifted it up today, no leaks anywhere.... injectors are fine, fuel lines are fine, only guess is the Charcoal canister line or the canister itself? I never smell it outside of the car, only through the vents with the heat on... This is driving me nuts lol.

Comment

Fuel leak

I had the exact same thing..only could smell it at stop light....What I found was the fuel supply line to the injector rail under intake manifold was seeping fuel thru the hose. Not enough to see a leak but you could smell it at stoplights

Comment

hmm

I replaced it @ the dealer a little over a year ago. Im just gonna take it to the dealer... misewell bite the bullet. Expensive but I dont wanna blow up and be with Jesus just yet :\

Comment

Inspect all the lines with a bright flashlight, while it's running, sometimes thats the only time it's noticeable.
                  Maybe pull of the regulator hose and plug it, to bump up the pressure.
                  Don't take it to the dealer yet!

Comment

Working...
                  X