HELP | E30 vert - leaky roof !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP | E30 vert - leaky roof !!

So my little car encountered rain for the first time since I purchased it a day before thanksgiving and I opened the door to wet seats. The water seems to be running along the top of the window towards the front of the car and then coming in right where the front triangular window and the main window meet. Anyone encounter this before? Any fixes? Anyone know where I could bring it other than a dealership?

me too, someone please chime in.

Comment

how old is the roof? if it is very old and tired the canvas won't hold any water out. I have this problem with my 87-original roof. Water seeps through and it gets water logged. Starts to work it's way down and I usually find puddles on the seat
      sigpic

Comment

Here is your fix.

Zach Miller teaches you how to repair your BMW's leaky A-Pillar, this might be the culprit if you're coming out of your car looking like you wet your pants. ...

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
          Ill try to use that stuff he used but unfortunately thats an e36 roof and thats not where im having problems. The place im having problems is right above the driver and passenger window. Ill try the stuff he used, see if I can find some today after work

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
          how old is the roof? if it is very old and tired the canvas won't hold any water out. I have this problem with my 87-original roof. Water seeps through and it gets water logged. Starts to work it's way down and I usually find puddles on the seat
          Thankfully the water isnt coming through the roof, its dribbling down the side and getting through the window somehow. I tried to push the seals forward by putting thick electrical wire behind them to see if it added any pressure onto the window but I opened my car this norming to find a soaked seat.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexMac View Post
            Ill try to use that stuff he used but unfortunately thats an e36 roof and thats not where im having problems. The place im having problems is right above the driver and passenger window. Ill try the stuff he used, see if I can find some today after work

Thankfully the water isnt coming through the roof, its dribbling down the side and getting through the window somehow. I tried to push the seals forward by putting thick electrical wire behind them to see if it added any pressure onto the window but I opened my car this norming to find a soaked seat.
            Mine is an E30 with the same problem as yours. I followed his video and there was no more leak.

Comment

oh wow ok^ I will give it a try today. I will heat up and dry the seals first.

Comment

Working...
              X