Cone filter intake adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cone filter intake adapter

Where's the best place online to buy one of these things? On ebay the auctions I find are for the adapter and a cheesey cone filter. I only want the adapter and I need it by Saturday.

ebay seems to be the only steady source i've seen
    BEERTECH

Comment

Anybody recommend a particular EBay seller?

Comment

Anyone with 100+ feedback and a high percentile is probably trustworthy.

Comment

or find an 84/85 eta and steal one of the factory adapter units that flow way better then any ebay ones.
          85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

i think you can get them with k&n filters included for like $40 on ebay

Comment

I've heard of people using throttle body adapter plates for this. Don't quote me on it or anything, but like I've said I was told they got them cheap at autozone or like places.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
              When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
              "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
              Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
                Where's the best place online to buy one of these things? On ebay the auctions I find are for the adapter and a cheesey cone filter. I only want the adapter and I need it by Saturday.
                I will have a set up available next week. it has the heat shield as well. Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. I can send you some pics if you provide me your email.

Dan
                Danny

88 ///M3 - Zinno street/shop queen
                88 ///M3 - Henna Track rat (Sold)
                98 ///M3 hellrot - Sold
                89 Porsche 944 - dd
                95 E34 525it/pick up - P/U Project
                90 325is - track rat

Comment

I actually got lucky and found that the AFM I ordered off of ebay had one of the 84/85 eta adapters bolted to it already.

Though I might be interested in the heatshield.

Comment

hey

One I bought for my 88 325is on Ebay didnt fit 100% perfect, there was a tiny gap that let unfiltered air in. So buyer beware I guess, I dont remember the fellas name, but he had a lot of positive feedback.

Comment

LOL i wouldn't buy the ebay one's. I know that bmp make sone that has a k&n filter and optional heat sheald.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by HowzeR
                        One I bought for my 88 325is on Ebay didnt fit 100% perfect, there was a tiny gap that let unfiltered air in. So buyer beware I guess, I dont remember the fellas name, but he had a lot of positive feedback.
                        Yes, most all are like that. The m30 adaptor that I put on my friend's 89 was the same way. I made a plate out of sheet metal that blocks the holes. Best thing is probably the one out of the 84-85, if you want cheap.
                        Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
                        X