ICV Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICV Question

Will an "T" style ICV from an 89-91 325i/is work on an 87 325i that originally had the "L" style ICV?

Yes as long as you have the correct boot from the AFM to the throttle body for the T-ICV
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
      Yes as long as you have the correct boot from the AFM to the throttle body for the T-ICV
      You'll probably need the boot for an automatic car as well since the extra vacuum port for the brake booster on the boot is only there on automatics for later cars.
      Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Actually the vacuum port for from the brake booster hooks up to the throttle body not into the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
          Actually the vacuum port for from the brake booster hooks up to the throttle body not into the boot.
          Later auto cars have multiple hoses and a multiport check valve. from teh throttle, boot and to the booster. THe later manual cars just have one line from the throttle to the booster with the check valve.

James

Comment

hum my 5-speed 88 had the multi line system
            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

My 87 has only 2 lines that connect straight to the throttle body from the brake booster. Luckily my intake boot has no extra holes in it.

Comment

Working...
              X