Fuse blows as soon as car turns on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse blows as soon as car turns on

I replaced my fuse 3 times yesterday, i know it has something to do with the Air/Heat seeing as how it's that fuse. Any ideas what this could be or where there are typical shorts that cause this? Could a bad resistor do this? I don't have heat or ac at all, i don't know if it's the blower motor or what.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

If the HVAC blower is turned off, it or the speed resistor can't be the cause of the fuse blowing. You will have to trouble shoot the circuit to find the fault.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Well my buddy said it blew as soon as i turned on the car, he's kind of an idiot, and i was messing with the heat/ac rigth after i turned it on. I'll have someone who isn't a dumby watch it today and tell me if it blows when the car turns on or when i flip the switches.

Comment

might be some wires that have cut open and short circuit ...

I fixed a car today (not much of a car 88 Chevy) that blew a 25A fuse but a 30A didn't (just barely). The fuse chart says that the fuse only covers the fan.... this car has 4 wheel drive and I noticed that the 2 lamps that are suppose to light up when you put it in 4x4 Hi, Lo and so on was short circuited (currency in all wires + and -) .. I traced the wires and found that the wires were completely stripped were you plug them in at the diff ..

I am aware that this isn't a Chevy and that the above makes very little sense but the point is = it can be some completely different thing that makes the fuse blow other than the ac ...

btw the reason why the 4x4 plug made the FAN fuse blow was because they're covered by the same fuse ... it just forgot to mention that on the chart -.-'... chevy ........

I'm not sure if that fuse on the E30 only covers the AC or if there's something else as well tho' this was just a "just got home from work" rant.....
        ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Was it running before? What have you changed/worked on since then. Logic says it's whatever you worked on last.
          http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

I haven't worked on anything, i've had it for about two weeks. I figured it was a short somewhere so i'm going to get around to looking for it this week. I was just wondering if there are any spots to look, i know sometimes reverse lights go out because they get caught or sliced under the shifter and stuff. Just wondered if there was something similar the heat/Ac with like the firewall or something

Comment

Working...
            X