Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse #6 keeps tripping! Help!

Hi R3V!

I need some help. The #6 fuse keeps popping in my E30 and i don't know why. I found that the #6 fuse controls the following:

Fuse #6 - 7.5 amp
    Stop lights
    Cruise control
    Active check control
    ABS
    Interior lights

My car does not have Cruise control and ABS. Active check control, is that the optional panel of lights above the head near the sunroof? If thats right, i do not have that too. Car is a 91 318i Sedan.

Hope someone here has dealt with a similar issue. Thanks!
    1991 318i Sedan
    2005 X5 3.0i Sport
    2010 328i M-Sport Touring

I wish I could help, maybe a wire is touching the chassy somewhere... But 91 318i and you don't have abs? Lol go slam the brakes again.. My 318i 4door has it
    "Do what you love, and love what you do" -Ray Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by E30ruben View Post
      I wish I could help, maybe a wire is touching the chassy somewhere... But 91 318i and you don't have abs? Lol go slam the brakes again.. My 318i 4door has it
      why do that when you can look for the abs unit near the intake side.:loco:

Comment

So that leaves two items to check, the brake lights and the interior lights.

Either of them not working? Next would be time to check for a loose wire and at the same time check for any signs of arcing.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

So i took a look at my car again and sure enough it does have ABS. Honestly, i haven't had to slam my brakes to the point of engaging ABS. Now i know... :)

Also, i did check around the tail lamp area and VOILA, i found an exposed wire rubbing against the chassis! Made the repair, threw in a new fuse and it works! :) I guess time will tell if that was the only culprit but will keep testing and report at a later date. Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks R3V!
          1991 318i Sedan
          2005 X5 3.0i Sport
          2010 328i M-Sport Touring

Comment

My 92 318 used to do that. Problem was that the reverse light were shorted. Disconnect the reverse light from the shifter

Comment

Working...
            X