No start, No crank, No idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No start, No crank, No idea

So my car started and worked just as usual when I started it before school and after. I goto leave to work and I get nothing when I turn the key. No crank, nothing. The battery is fine.
    My first thought was the wiring from the 5-speed swap, but its been fine for the last 2 years and I looked at the wiring and saw no issues.
    Help guys!!!

Only the ABS light and the Battery light illuminates when I turn the key to the 2nd position.

Comment

How do you know the battery is fine? Check it's voltage to find out if the battery is dead.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Clean the battery terminals? The connection is sometimes good enough that all the lights and stuff work but bad enough that it wont start. Make sure the clips are nice and tight around both terminals as well if you haven't already
        What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
        90 325ix

Comment

So I replaced fuse 10 because it was burnt, and it started right up. Why? I don't know. The following day I go to start my car & again, no crank or anything. I pulled the starter relays and then it cranked but wouldn't start (naturally). Went to PnP and grabbed a bunch of relays. I replaced them and it starts up again. Hopefully that was my problem. Ill be pulling it apart to do the timing belt, gaskets, etc. this week and I'll post if I find any other problems.

Comment

Working...
          X