No announcement yet.

Inspection Light On and Brake Lining Light Will Not Test After Cluster Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspection Light On and Brake Lining Light Will Not Test After Cluster Removal

I just installed a 13 Button OBC in my 6 button '89 325i and removed my cluster in the process. I wrestled with it for over an hour until I figured out the only way to get it out was to push the bottom in and angle the top down. I'm wondering if I damaged something in my wrestling.

After installing my 13 Button OBC wiring and hooking everything back up my Inspection light stays illuminated all the time, but shows greens on the start up. Also my brake lining light will not light up with all the other trouble lights in the pre-start test. I swapped the bulb for a known good one.

Would the Inspection cycle reset with the installation of a 13 Button OBC? What would cause it to stay illuminated if there are still green bars on the start up. I didn't have time to try reseting the interval, but I figured that's where I'd start.

Also does anyone know what the green plug on the opposite end of the 13 Button OBC harness goes to? I think it's the code box, but I couldn't find it, so I left it unplugged. I doubt that would be related to my other issues, but figured I'd mention it.
    JOY IS AN E30...

Working...
X