SI Board Battery charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SI Board Battery charging

Ok, I scored a spare instrument cluster today at the pick and pull. batteries on the SI board check good, and I would like to keep them this way. Does anyone know the pins and on what connector to provide 12v to simulate the charging voltage from the car when in operation?

should be a simple matter to give the batts voltage and have them live until I either sell the cluster or need the damn thing
    I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Disconnect the batteries by moving the jumper. Big orange arrow. It will maintain voltage for a couple to several years like that. I don't know about the charging aspect though. Tossing it in your car for a week would take care of it.

Last edited by TurboJake; 05-10-2012, 05:04 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
      Disconnect the batteries by moving the jumper. Big orange arrow. It will maintain voltage for a couple to several years like that. I don't know about the charging aspect though. Tossing it in your car for a week would take care of it.

would love to move the jumper, but even though its a motometer unit, it does not have the jumper pictured. Putting it in the car for a week or so is somewhat viable, although a pain in the ass. Looks like its time to delve into the ETM a bit deeper and see what pins get power and what is ground for the damn board.
      I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Working...
      X