failed inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failed inspection

too much unburnt fuel in the exhaust, or somethin like that, failed it pretty bad too, anything i could check myself before i have the dealer look it over? (its gonna hurt, i know it already)
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

when's the last time you changed the plugs, wires, rotor, cap, coil, o2 sensor. basically anything spark related? pull hte plugs and LOOK at them, maybe they need to be regapped
    James
    '88 M3

Comment

When is the last time you replaced your O2 sensor? Also you could try adjusting your AFM to make the engine run a little more lean.

Comment

Originally posted by jht3
        when's the last time you changed the plugs, wires, rotor, cap, coil, o2 sensor. basically anything spark related? pull hte plugs and LOOK at them, maybe they need to be regapped
        check all of that and give your convertor a smack. If it rattles, you have a problem there

Comment

plugs are 8k old i assume, came with the engine, cap and rotor are about 3k old, o2 sensor, who knows how old that thing is, cat i think is going, ive heard some rattling at idle, plug wires might be original i dont know.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Drive it on down to Bret's Saturday, and we'll take a look....

lotsa eyes available, and we might just find something.

Comment

what

Comment

Wait until january?
                BEERTECH

Comment

right, why

Comment

06, new inspection regulations AFAIK, no more sniffer test for OBD1 and older cars.
                    BEERTECH

Comment

That's right, I forgot about that...

Originally posted by Rob
                      Wait until january?
                      Additionally, through December 31, 2005, all gasoline-powered vehicles less than 25 years old, up to and including model year 1995, registered in one of the original nine emissions counties:

Cabarrus;
                      Durham;
                      Forsyth;
                      Gaston;
                      Guilford;
                      Mecklenburg;
                      Orange;
                      Union;
                      Wake;
                      will require an exhaust (tailpipe) emissions test.

After 1/1/06, you will not have to pass emissions.

Comment

so cars made before 95 dont need emissions?!

Comment

yup. I'm suprised you're worried about emissions, that sort of thing goes out the window when you try to get more power (ie stroker)
                          BEERTECH

Comment

im not worried about emissions, im worried about not getting pulled over for an over due inspection

edit:hey stu if you happen to read this did yoour brother have his car inspected with this beast in it?

Comment

so wait...is it just a visual inspection for 94 and older cars starting in 06 including guilford?!?!? My friend w/ a 87' 325is let his car sit for a month or so and then he failed emissions (in guilford). This happened like a year ago.
                              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Working...
                              X