Fuel Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Problem?

I was driving to work the other day and the car suddenly just bogged down, kept my foot down and then it accelerated then bogged down, over and over but never died. Today i got it home, I barely touched the accelerator and just kept it going. Here's a video of what it sounds like. I'm not sure whether it's the afm, fuel pump, fuel filter or some sort of vacuum loss. my neighbor said he smelled gas as i drove by in the morning. Notice my (chubby) finger doesn't move but the engine is revving then not revving..

not sure if that link works but here's the youtube link
    Last edited by catoichi; 06-07-2012, 07:39 PM. Reason: need more info
    Red-ish 89 325ix with dent in the door, bad paint, missing center caps, broken defrost, broken ac, p/s pump may be going, brake pad sensors missing. On the plus side i just had the trannie and tc fixed for 2 grand!!

Tee a gauge into the line that feeds the fuel rail and find out what the pressure is.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

2.5k rev limiter?

instagram: @tonerrrr
      High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

Comment

replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, maf sensor and the throttle switch. one of them was the problem, fixed now and purrs.
        Red-ish 89 325ix with dent in the door, bad paint, missing center caps, broken defrost, broken ac, p/s pump may be going, brake pad sensors missing. On the plus side i just had the trannie and tc fixed for 2 grand!!

Comment

Working...
        X