Driver's side leak - Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver's side leak - Advice needed

I recently had a leak develop in my car, making the driver's side floor wet (no, it's not coolant). I have pinpointed the spots to be the area under the driver's windshield wiper and the space right behind the fuse box. These two areas both leak water directly into the car when I pour water on them. It looks as though the area behind the fuse box has rusted out.

I believe the water under the driver's side window is supposed to drain on the passenger's side through a black plastic pipe of sorts. And I assume that water should not be getting near the fuse box at all, but I plan to seal the area anyway. I just want to double-check that water is not supposed to flow through either of these two areas, before I try to seal them up. I do not have anyone else's car to look at to see.

The first two pictures are of the area behind the fuse box. The next two are of the area under the windshield wiper. I am planning to fill the crack in the first two pictures.

In the last picture, I want to put sealer around where the crease is in the direct center of the photo (after cleaning out all the sand/dirt of course). That area you can actually stick your fingers into (hard to tell in the picture). The water goes down in there and leaks into the car. I cannot see into it, so I figured that if I put sealer in there it couldn't hurt anything, because the water is only supposed to drain on the passenger's side. Please correct me if I'm wrong! Thanks!

In case anyone searches this in the future, I put epoxy clay on the crack by the fuse box, and nothing on the spot under the windshield wiper. The problem seems to be fixed, but only the next rain storm will tell.

Comment

Working...
    X