Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me identify this wire

Hey guys,

I was cleaning up some wires under the drivers side of the car and found a burnt wire. I searched but still have no idea what this wire is for. It used to be green it seems. Here is the picture. Thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339789558.409110.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	7227570

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    My expectation is an immediate 5 speed swap. Autos suck more than a 50 year old whore.

I though we discussed this already?

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

Yes, it was mentioned to be a starter cutout loop but I searched more about it and couldn't find anything besides knowing it may have something to do with the starter. Unfortunately I ended up with more questions than answers. It was also mentioned it may be related to my car being an automatic. If this is the case, since I swapped it to a manual transmission, is the wire still required? Thanks!

My expectation is an immediate 5 speed swap. Autos suck more than a 50 year old whore.

Comment

How about the cruise control cut out switch which would be mounted on the clutch pedal linkage. Auto cars had no need for the switch thus the jumper. The wires on my 87 are green and red.

Comment

Originally posted by Farwest92 View Post
          How about the cruise control cut out switch which would be mounted on the clutch pedal linkage. Auto cars had no need for the switch thus the jumper. The wires on my 87 are green and red.
          dingdingding!

However, how the hell did it melt?

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

How it melted is a wonder to me as well. Is it linked to a fuse of some sort?

Comment

Does your cruise control work?

Comment

Originally posted by Farwest92 View Post
                Does your cruise control work?
                Before the swap, it worked fine. I haven't got the chance to try it out as the cruise control stalk got snapped off.

Comment

Just double checked everything and I still have my clutch switch wire intact.

Comment

OK, what the hell...

Comment

Working...
                    X