Mobil Delvac | Extended Life Coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobil Delvac | Extended Life Coolant

Get the outstanding engine performance and protection you need on the road by using Mobil 1™ and Mobil Super™ motor oils.

It says good for 600K miles life span.
    Have you heard or tried it?
    Where can i buy this one locally?

600,000 miles in a truck though.. which is TOTALLY different

Comment

I'd take a chance, even if it's for half of the claimed life span, as long as the price isn't much more than regular Prestone or oem BMW coolant.

Comment

I personally will only put BMW coolant in an E30 (mixed with distilled water). It is guaranteed to be compatible with all of the cooling system components and will last two years. I think BMW claims five years, but an electrical test of the coolant will fail well before then, which means that corrosion is possible.

Oil, filters, coolant, brake fluid, etc., are cheap. Engines and the like aren't. So why cheap out?
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I run straight water and Redline water wetter in mine. Over cools. The thing barely gets hot. lol
          sigpic

Comment

I use zerex g05
            Originally posted by bmwm42
            PNW vulture pm me for parts
            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I can get BMW coolant from local dealer for $16 a gallon. A 50:50 mix would bring the cost down to $8 gal...cheap.

Comment

Winter?

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
                I run straight water and Redline water wetter in mine. Over cools. The thing barely gets hot. lol
                Is it safe for winter season, since the temperature usually dips below freezing?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand525 View Post
                  Is it safe for winter season, since the temperature usually dips below freezing?
                  Absolutely not. Im my experience, the corrosion protection package in WaterWetter, or similar, isn't nearly as effective as anti-freeze. My race car has water + Amzoil's equivalent to WaterWetter (which seems to be a bit more effective) all of the race season. At the end of the season it gets anti-freeze for the cold weather down time. The car has a race built engine and it got a brand new cooling system when when I built it a couple of year ago, so there was no rust anywhere in the system. When I change the water to coolant I always see some rust come out.
                  The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                  Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Some things are worth skimping on. Buy the BMW blue coolant. If you don't you'll never hear the end of it from your purist friends.
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                      Some things are worth skimping on. Buy the BMW blue coolant. If you don't you'll never hear the end of it from your purist friends.
                      They warned us about peer pressure in high school....

Comment

Originally posted by AT-JeffT View Post
                        They warned us about peer pressure in high school....
                        The pressure here would be at least a thousand times worse.

Comment

admittedly ever since the "add to anything" coolant became common place I've used it in all of my cars and have never had a problem. The shop I used to work at did the same unless someone specifically requested bmw coolant. We should all just thank our lucky stars we don't drive GM's for some ungodly reason, someone should be in prison for the dexcool extravaganza. Everyone loves orange marmalade, let's make our coolant transform into it after 5 years, our customers will litter us with kisses.

Comment

Working...
                          X