e30 window motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 window motors

Ok so has anyone tried switching the motor part from a late model to an early model gear housing? I'm talking about the electric motor piece itself.

It looks like the motor part is the same, they just changed to gear housing to accommodate the newer regulators. Ask because I have a early 318i with cable regulator but can't find a motor unless I go brand new. This is not a long term car. I found a guy locally who is parting out his 325i. I'm going tomorrow to pick up a few items
    nd want to know if anyone had any experience with this?

It's the same motor. Done it many times.
    Early, late, front, rear, and sides. Only difference in the actual motor is the manufacturer and maybe the plug, but I don't recall them being different.. The drivers door motor in my 89 DD car came from the rear an '84 325e.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
      It's the same motor. Done it many times.
      Early, late, front, rear, and sides. Only difference in the actual motor is the manufacturer and maybe the plug, but I don't recall them being different.. The drivers door motor in my 89 DD car came from the rear an '84 325e.
      ah excellent. thank you sir, that is all i needed to know. i will be back to having a driver side power window tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X