Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occasional hard "BANG" from rear seat area or trunk. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
    you know.....I just thought of the fact that when I am moving and pull the parking brake (to rotate the rear end in rallycross) there is a hard clunk from the right rear. I've always thought it was just one of my cables out of adjustment, but I'm definitely going to check that now. I wonder if one of the retaining pins isn't in or something.... Could be binding in the same way.

Other thought i had is that I removed the rear spring isolators (to drop the rear end down a bit) and when the rear is off the ground the spring is kind of "loose" in there. Maybe it's binding when the car comes back down on it.

Thanks. Your post made me think of 2 key things to check :D
    I've had my rear spring pads out before, and all they did were make an obnoxious rattling noise.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
      you know.....I just thought of the fact that when I am moving and pull the parking brake (to rotate the rear end in rallycross) there is a hard clunk from the right rear. I've always thought it was just one of my cables out of adjustment, but I'm definitely going to check that now. I wonder if one of the retaining pins isn't in or something.... Could be binding in the same way.

Other thought i had is that I removed the rear spring isolators (to drop the rear end down a bit) and when the rear is off the ground the spring is kind of "loose" in there. Maybe it's binding when the car comes back down on it.

Thanks. Your post made me think of 2 key things to check :D
      Park break fo sure. I run coil springs in the rear on perches. They are only loud when I hot large bumbs but its more of a thud when the spring comes back down.
      Parking brake I could go with that
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
        Something silly but fixed a few... Jack and or spare not properly secured? Or battery tray bolts missing or broken.
        Nah, All that stuff gets removed for rallycross, and the battery is probably bolted down more securely than any other e30 on here, lol.
        Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
        Track/street e21 build
        visit Condor Speed Shop
        visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Working...
        X