window regulator help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

window regulator help!!

I started disassembling my rear windows yesterday to try to grease up the window tracks because they go down easily but have a hard time coming back up.(maybe I just need a new motor) Now I wanted to pull the tracks out but I am having a hard time. I have the bently manual and still cant seem to figure how they come out.
    What I have done so far:
    -unbolted the 4 bolts for the tracks, the three bolts for the motor and pulled the window off of the tracks(the window is currently inside the door)
    -what else do I need to remove or how do I manuever the tracks to pull them out?

Are there hidden bolts or rivets?

Comment

No I have the motor and tracks loose inside of the door, It just big so i cant figure out how to get it out the small opening down bottom.

Comment

only regulators ive changed out are e34 and e36 front door window regulators so i cant be of much help. you may need to get the regulator in a certain position to have it as small and compact as possible to slide it out. if that doesn't help...then heres a free bump!

Comment

I took one out of my drivers door once, but I don't remember how. It was a PITA but not impossible.
          sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
          1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
          1991 318is - Sold
          1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Working...
          X