Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Full of R12, blows (semi) cold, but weak

Pretty much the title

My AC has never been 100%, it blew cold, but not cold enough. I recently got my hands on some R12 to recharge it. Tried to recharge it, got only a tiny amount in. So I bled the system for a little bit (Standing far away and not breathing) then tried it again, this time I got about half a can in, but it seemed to be just slightly cooler than before.

Now, what I thought was a separate problem, is that the fan doesn't blow that hard. If I have it set to just the dash, it seems fine, but the car never really cools down. Setting it to anything more than just one set of vents seems to seriously weaken the output of it. Is the blower fan bad? Could it be clogged?
    1987 325is, S50B30US, Kamei side skirts, Zender Spoiler.
    MT2 Wheel, 95 M3 Rack, Condor Speed Shop knob, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Billy Sports/GE Coilovers, KAMotors CAI.

Originally posted by MclubSport
    Why you have a badge on wheel ? You do not know what car you have? But if you have a mustache, you know better where is your mouth?

Horrible with responding to PMs, I'm so sorry.

How do you know you have the right amount of refridgerant in there?
    Originally posted by codyep3
    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
    2010 F650gs twin
    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
      How do you know you have the right amount of refridgerant in there?
      Well, to be honest, I don't. It won't take any more though, so maybe it's overcharged?
      MT2 Wheel, 95 M3 Rack, Condor Speed Shop knob, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Billy Sports/GE Coilovers, KAMotors CAI.

Why you have a badge on wheel ? You do not know what car you have? But if you have a mustache, you know better where is your mouth?

Comment

There could be any of a number of things wrong. Take the car to a BMW shop and have a pro check it out.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

could be a number of problems but check to see if you blend door actualy moves between heat and cool if the ac id blowing cold but the blend door is stuck in the heat position you wont feel much
          Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
          Bimmerbuddies LLC
          717-388-1256
          2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
          bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
            There could be any of a number of things wrong. Take the car to a BMW shop and have a pro check it out.
            Yeah, that's what it looks like I have to do.

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
            could be a number of problems but check to see if you blend door actualy moves between heat and cool if the ac id blowing cold but the blend door is stuck in the heat position you wont feel much
            When I move the knob, I can hear a door move, so I don't think it's that

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

UPDATE: So, took it in, it apparently was a little low, but the main problem was the condenser fan wasn't engaging at all.
              Last edited by Pocket Chant; 07-26-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Compressor fan? I admit I'm a dope. What / where is a compressor fan?

Comment

I'm going to guess he means the condenser fan wasn't working, since mine had the same issue when I bought it.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by dogsbark26 View Post
                    Compressor fan? I admit I'm a dope. What / where is a compressor fan?
                    Originally posted by agent View Post
                    I'm going to guess he means the condenser fan wasn't working, since mine had the same issue when I bought it.
                    Derp. That. They called at like 8 AM to tell me, I wasn't completely awake. Previous post edited.

Comment

Working...
                    X