Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those that have an A/F meter in car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those that have an A/F meter in car...

Which one did you get? Looking at the Split Second, heard that the AutoMeter one was crap. Are there any out there that dont utilize a bunch of little lights?

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
    You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

what do you want instead of lights? a dial, that would be ridiculous.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Are A/F gauges accurate and responsive enough to really avoid a potentially dangerous situation with your mixture, or is it just another gauge to have. I am certainly not knocking anyone with one, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by turnofftheradio
        Are A/F gauges accurate and responsive enough to really avoid a potentially dangerous situation with your mixture, or is it just another gauge to have. I am certainly not knocking anyone with one, just curious.
        if you feed the A/F gauge a Wideband O2 signal, then yes. many people use wb02 to tune their ecu's.
        if you just tapped the A/F gauge into the stock narroband sensor, it's useless
        James
        '88 M3

Comment

Originally posted by turnofftheradio
          Im planning on doing the m30 afm/19lb injector/afpr install but I want to do things the right way. I could just go to the dyno, but I figure an A/F guage would be useful in the future to possibly diagnose any future problems.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
          You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Unless it is a wideband sensor, it's not very usefull as narrowband sensors are only acurate at WOT. The problem is that WB guages are expensive. Like $300+ expensive.

Comment

What wideband sensors to people buy? I see one here, the Bosch LSU4.2 5-wire wide band oxygen sensor
              Recent Rebranding!!
              Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
              E30 SM62/S62
              E30 M60 V8
              E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
              Instagram.com/garageaholic
              Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Would there be an advantage to installing a wideband O2 sensor without a A/F guage?
                Originally posted by KingB
                Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

not unless you have a standalone ems and are tuning.
                  My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                  There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Working...
                  X