X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse keeps blowing

Hello,

I have a problem in my 1990 325i

Fuse number 10 keeps blowing, i did some search and found that is for reserve lights and instruments.. and that seems to be my problem, i've checked the reserve wires under the transmission and they was touching, Fixed this

Another thing is that i have 30amp fuse in there and after some search i noticed it should be 7.5amp, is this the reason of keep blowing?

Thanks in advance,

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Sounds like there is a short in your wiring somewhere, and the PO put the 30 amp in there to keep from blowing, instead of fixing the problem. Does it have aftermarket cd player?
    sigpic
    Parts Wanted
    The Never-ending Resto Mod

Comment

That fuse should definitely be a 7.5a. There is a short somewhere in the circuit that fuse powers, and with a 30a fuse in place there now may be additional damage to the wiring from excessive current flow.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Short was in the reserve wires under the transmission, also i'll check the cluster as they all have the same fuse, i think i should keep the 7.5amp in there better ...

Thank you guys

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

I'm also having this problem. I checked the reverse wires and they are ok. I also change the cluster and still keeps blowing, and checked the wires to the rear ash tray and they are fine. I personally haven't got under the car to check the rest of the reverse wires but could the problem be under the car. It's driving f'in crazy u can't drive at night with a rear tail light out.
          sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Working...
          X